Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Winter Mantle....


Are you getting sick of my mantle yet?  I have lived in this house for 4 years, and I never really decorated for the seasons or holiday's. I don't know what my problem was. I think I was intimidated or something.  But now I get inspired by so many girls blogs that I want to cute up my house too!
You know the girls out there right? I look at some blogs and want to reach through my computer and onto theirs and punch them in the neck because I am so angry and jealous of their beautiful houses.  If my camera zoomed out enough , you would see the rest of my family room, and if you had any envy now, you would only have sympathy and want to come help me clean it up. PROMISE!
I am still switching out my fillers in my apothecary jars. EASY. And who knew to use epsom salt for snow? (All those fabulous girls with the fabulous houses and blogs knew.)
Most of the other fillers were a clearance garland cut up. Cheapo.  The large empty frame was a frame I had a plan for but never did. It looked cute empty. Then I just put in some snowflake garland.
Did you all know that Joanne's does 70% off christmas clearance, before it is christmas?  And they send out a 20% additional coupon too. So I got lots of this stuff for over 80% off before christmas!
Like this cute deer friend. I know he looks a little arrogant and acts like he is too good for us all. But he is really sweet. He only acts like this because all his bud's were purchased full price. And he was the only one left at such a good clearance price of $6. I love him and bought him. He is still ashamed, but we are working on our relationship. He is coming around.
There will not be a valentines mantle. Too short a holiday. Plus winter goes until march ish right? So we will go strait to spring.  

Again, we will be linking again with
PS Linking with A Soft Place to Land, The Girl Creative, Made by you Mondays, It's so Very Cheri, Reinvented, We are THAT family, Blue Cricket Design, Finding Fabulous , AmyLouWho, floral showers, and







14 comments:

Destination Seaborn said...

What a pretty mantel! Lisa

stephanie h said...

I always struggle with my mantle. Yours looks great, though!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Looks pretty. Thanks for the tip on using epsom salt as snow. Love & blessings from NC!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I always have a hard time decorating my mantle. You did a beautiful job of layering everything!!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Ha! Love the bit about the deer. Hilarious. The bird is my favorite with the mirror and frame, so good!!

*Meg

Treasia Stepp said...

What a very pretty mantel it is. Love the use of all the glittery things and the pine cones.

Expressions by Heather said...

I want a mantle sooooo much, just because of all the wonderful decorating I could do with it!

Please feel free to stop by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and add your weekly craft links!

It's found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

You are too funny. Love your stuck-up deer. So sparkley. I have apothacary jars on my mantle too. I want to change them out for Valentine's Day. SOON! I love red, so that will be fun. You did a great job with your mantle. I found you on Today's Creative.

Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home said...

I always struggle with winter decor after the holidays. You did a beautiful job!

Sandra said...

A wonderful winter mantel...love the whites and silver. Come say hi sometime.

The Charm of Home said...

Your mantel looks fantastic! You should cute it up all the time. You did great.

So Sunny Day said...

just lovely :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

anne @ Floralshowers Craft Blog said...

Very cute. I love your mantle. =) I love it when JoAnn's does those sales. Just the other day I bought a few Valentines day things for 50% off. Too cool!

Thanks for linking!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I really LOVE this! It is so pretty! I adore the deer and I think a little arrogance is okay...

The snowflake garland is perfect and I used epsom salt for snow too! Isn't it awesome??

Really pretty mantle.

Lou Cinda :)